Welcome to the new VIDA (Vehicle Information and Diagnostics for Aftersales). Several years of development have been put into this new workshop application. We have incorporated feedback from our users, as well as made changes to accommodate our future vehicles. VIDA 2015 has an extensive HELP section which can be reached at any time simply by hitting the "F1" button on your keyboard.
VIDA 2015 is 100% internet based, which means you will always have the most current information at your fingertips. Changes and corrections can be applied with a much shorter lead time.
- Volvo Standard Time (VST) information is integrated into VIDA.
- Starting with XC90, fault tracing will be displayed and shown in a ranked order.
- Wiring Diagrams will be an integrated part of the repair process.
So install VIDA 2015 and explore the great changes and improvements of this new workshop application.
After purchasing your Subscription through the Volvo Tech Info website STORE, please follow the steps below to install VIDA 2015.
If you are a FIRST time buyer, you must wait for an email (could take up to two hours) containing your permanent User ID and a temporary password that needs to be reset, along with a security question for future reference (if you have purchased before you will have your User ID and password already from your prior purchase). You must follow the directions in the email to reset the temporary password. You should NOT try to log into VIDA or WSLX without first changing this password. After this is done you can follow the steps below to activate the subscription.
- Login to computer with Administrator rights.
- In Internet Explorer, enter the URL http://vidainstaller.volvocars.biz/client-installer/VIDASetup.exe
- Select "Run" VIDASetup.exe in order to download and install VIDASetup.exe Follow the instructions on the screen in order to complete the installation.
- Select the shortcut for VIDA 2015 that becomes available on the desktop after above installation is finished.
- Select "Install" when a window is shown with the option Install.
- The installation of the VIDA Application will now start.
- The login window to VIDA will be shown when the installation is finished.
- Select "Registration Guide for Subscription" at the VIDA login screen.
- A guide how to register the computer is opened in a separate window.
- Follow the guide in order to complete the registration.
- The guide consists of three steps:
- User ID authentication
- Linking to a subscription
- Reviewing and confirming the registration.
- The computer now needs to be approved in VIDA Admin before it will be possible to login to VIDA.
- The approval needs to be carried out by the "VIDA Administrator" (YOU)
- The computer is approved in VIDA Admin under the tab "DEVICE"
- When you open the DEVICE tab, click on DEVICE NAME. At this point you are not able to see the entire page (You need to adjust the VIEW on your computer).
- GO TO: VIEW/ZOOM/75% (or smaller) SO YOU CAN SEE THE ENTIRE PAGE FOR APPROVAL.
- Click on the dropdown box and change from Registered to Approved (If there is not a Registered computer you must go back to Step 6 and Register). Then hit SAVE on the bottom of the page